Monday 27 December 2010

Whisky Discovery #1


Laphroaig 10 Year Old (40% abv, OB, Bottled +/- 2010 70cl)
Islay Single Malt Whisky
Circa £25 and available at all of my local supermarkets

The first bottle purchased
The first purchase of my journey.  Not knowing where to start I stood looking at the store shelves determined to come away with something. It had to be a single malt, but I only really recognised The Glenfiddich 12 Year Old . Knowing this was usually available everywhere I wanted to try something a little different and eventually picked up a Laphroaig 10 Year Old. I think I had vague recollections of seeing the Laphroiag tube in my father’s drinks cabinet many years ago.

I knew it was an Islay single malt, and I had recently enjoyed another Islay malt, the Caol Ila that set me off on this journey

With anticipation I opened it as soon as I got home and was immediately welcomed by the Islay nose I was expecting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. The whisky that got me hooked on whisky also was the Laphroaig 10yo (and I too closely followed it with a Quater cask)

Lovely journey that we are all on