Monday 7 March 2011

Whisky Discovery #10


Glenfiddich 12 Year Old (40% abv, OB, Bottled +/- 1998 70cl)
Speyside Single Malt Whisky
Circa £20 –£30

March's official bottle
Another eBay purchase and too good a bargain to refuse.

I understand the Glenfiddich range of whiskies is the most awarded whisky in the world.

The pioneer of the prestigious single malt Scotch whisky category, Glenfiddich 12 Year Old is probably enjoyed by more people around the world than any other single malt whisky.

This signature single malt Scotch whisky has matured for at least 12 years in American and Spanish oak casks. Elegantly rounded flavours with notes of fresh pear and subtle oak.

1 comment:

Robert said...

I have a theory and maybe I should keep it to myself...

This Malt is so utterly ubiquitous that most people have at some point tried it. I wonder if that is linked to why so many people I know say they don't like whisky.

Its certainly the first malt I remember tasting back in my teens. I confess to abandoning it never to return by my early 20's.

At last years Manchester Whisky festival I said as much to the Glenfiddich rep who assured me that much had changed in the last 20+ years and she encouraged me to try all of their expressions on the table. I could hardly say no... but my opinion was not changed. I guess its just not for me.